Happy songs
It's the day before Christmas and here in the work office, there is very little work getting done, though they insist on employees remaining until 3:00 pm. So here everyone sits at their desks, awaiting the clock hands to reach their final destination.
In my "free" time, there has been a bit of Googling and listmaking on my part. With positive affirmations recited in the mirror this morning and more positive affirmations sitting in my email from my ever-wise brother, happiness reigns supreme today. (Notice another positive affirmation? In the present tense, mind you!) The list of the day was a "happy songs" list. My old iPod contained the beginnings of a "happy songs" playlist but was unfortunately erased when my iPod failed (miserably) over a year ago. It's time for this list to be reincarnated--big time!
Songs that need to be added:
In my "free" time, there has been a bit of Googling and listmaking on my part. With positive affirmations recited in the mirror this morning and more positive affirmations sitting in my email from my ever-wise brother, happiness reigns supreme today. (Notice another positive affirmation? In the present tense, mind you!) The list of the day was a "happy songs" list. My old iPod contained the beginnings of a "happy songs" playlist but was unfortunately erased when my iPod failed (miserably) over a year ago. It's time for this list to be reincarnated--big time!
Songs that need to be added:
- Don't worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin
- Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
- The Remedy by Jason Mraz
- Beautiful Day by U2
- Brett Dennen (I forget which song it is and I already have it on my iPod, but maybe it's "The One Who Loves You The Most"?)
- The Middle by Jimmy Eat World
- Polyphonic spree (don't remember the song name, but it's the main one?)
- Walking on Sunshine
- Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Anybody else have any happy songs to suggest? This will have to be an ongoing list...
Anyhow, here is my simple affirmation for the day: I am a happy person. Yes, I've become an affirmation person. I didn't ever think I would be, but they do work (for me). So I'm going to try to integrate these into my life on a regular basis, rather than in an emergency when I've had an overdose of negativity. Let's keep the positive rolling!
Comments